Once you have officially applied for Arkansas licensure, you will be added to the Approval List to take the NCE (LPC) and/or the AMFTRB Exam (MFT) when the following items have been reviewed by the board:
- Application, notarized affidavit of residency with picture, and $200 fee for license.
- Core Curriculum Summary (LAC and/or LAMFT). Both summaries must be completed if seeking dual license.
- If a Grad student in your last semester, a letter from the Dean/Registrar that reflects the courses in progress to complete the Master’s degree.
- An unofficial transcript of all completed courses.
The Board Office will review the information listed above in order to approve applicants to take the appropriate national exam. The information provided below describes the steps to take the NCE and/or the AMFTRB exam.
NCE Exam Information
- Before registering for the exam with CCE, the Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling/MFT will approve the candidate to take the NCE. The approval letter will be sent to the candidate by email from the board office. This approval letter is required before you can register with CCE.
- The registration processing time is four weeks from the time your payment is processed. You will be notified by e-mail once you are registered. Your exam registration is valid for six months. Please note that many states impose their own eligibility deadlines that may be less than six months.
- Once you receive your exam registration notification from CCE, you can make an appointment to take the exam during the specified testing window. Exam appointments may be scheduled one or more business days in advance. Space testing locations is limited and available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- If you have a special accommodation request, please submit it to the State Board office to obtain an approval letter for special accommodations and include your supporting documentation. CCE will need the State accommodations approval letter within 14 days prior to the initial exam registration to make a determination about special accommodations.
- To reschedule your exam, contact Pearson Vue at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. There is a $25 fee to reschedule within seven days of your appointment. You cannot reschedule less than 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- After you schedule your exam, Pearson Vue will send you a confirmation e-mail listing your exam date, your exam time, the address and telephone number of the test center, and directions to the test center.
- Your scores are automatically sent to the Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling/MFT approximately four weeks after the last day of the testing week.
If you are unsure of any part of the registration process, please e-mail CCE at [email protected] before submitting any registration materials or documentation.
For NCE TESTING QUESTIONS?
E-mail: [email protected]
Web site: www.nbcc.org/directory
Address: CCE Assessment Dept., 3 Terrace Way, Greensboro, NC 27403
AMFTRB Exam Information
All candidates are required to apply online to take the AMFTRB Exam.
Candidates will have the convenience of paying by credit card when they submit their online applications and will receive emailed receipts of their transactions.
The National Marital and Family Therapy Examination will be offered during the third full week of each month, Saturday to Saturday. The candidates will be able to select their preferred month. The application deadline will be the first Monday of each month preceding the month in which the candidate wishes to take the exam. For example, the application deadline would be December 1, 2014; for the January 17 through January 24, 2015, testing period. The candidates must select the correct testing period at the first step of the application completion process. There are no transfers to another testing period or refunds of application fees.
Once the state board approved a candidate to test, please direct the candidate to: https://secure.ptcny.com/apply/
The candidates will need to select the name of the exam and then complete the online application and submit their payment of the application fee. They will need to respond YES to the question of whether or not they are a state candidate, then enter the appropriate state abbreviation and the unique code number (we will provide the unique code) for your state. Please instruct candidates not to share this code number with anyone else.
For candidates who require special accommodations, they can complete a Request for Special Needs Accommodations Form, available from: www.ptcny.com
The accommodation is requested at least eight weeks before the testing period begins and this form must be uploaded with the online application.
The Candidate rosters will be mailed to the Board office each month within 3 – 4 weeks after the last day of the testing period. AMFTRB sends the individual score reports directly to the candidates.